Help those in need by cleaning out your home and garages; then “bundle” your goods for St. Vincent de Paul. Please bring your gently used items to the trailer. All items are donated to the St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store. Items must be clean, gently used and free of stains. We can accept housewares, furniture, clothing, books, small electronics. Items must be working and in good condition. Thank you for helping us provide goods and services to our neighbors in need!
For more information please see our web page here
Thank you to all the volunteers and participants who turned out for our BINGO fundraiser tonight. You are all a key part of the Society of St Vincent de Paul being able to carry on its mission in providing for those in need. Our work begins with your generous support, and we thank you all for your part… and we hope you had a little fun in the process of supporting us!
As Monsignor Larry mentioned in the bulletin this week,
We invite you to participate in what I call a “Fun Raiser/ Fund Raiser” next Saturday night—good ole’ fashion Catholic BINGO. Please come and have fun, and help raise funds so that SVDP can continue to help those in need.
You can pre-register and purchase tickets by visting http://svdpfrisco.org/bingo
And while this is “good ole’ fashion Catholic BINGO” and not hard-core gambling, we will ask St. Bernardine of Siena, the patron saint of gamblers, to pray for a successful round of FUNd raising.
St. Vincent De Paul members volunteered to serve dinner to RCIA candidates and their sponsors in January.
Hot dogs and chili never tasted so good!
Saturday. January 31 at 7 p.m.
$2,000 in prizes will be awarded, including a GRAND PRIZE for three nights in a vacation cabin at Broken Bow Lake near Smithville, Oklahoma — a $665 value!
For information about the cabin & its amenities, go to wwwvrbo.com/662225. Bingo tickets are $30, plus $5 for the blackout game.You can buy your tickets at a table in the parish center after Mass, or purchase online at http://svdpfrisco.org/bingo
All proceeds will benefit St. Vincent De Paul.
It’s not too late to make a tax deductible donation to St Vincent de Paul for 2014.
All donations received by December 31, 2014 will be acknowledged as donations for 2014 income tax purposes.
To make a donation, visit the St Vincent de Paul donation site: http://svdpfrisco.org/donate
A mobile van will be accepting your donations for St. Vincent De Paul Thrift Store of Dallas at the St. Francis of Assisi parking lot. All items will benefit the Frisco conference of St Vincent de Paul and will used to help those in need in the Frisco area.
Saturday 10/11 from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Sunday 10/12 from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm
For details, please see the Bundle Sunday page
WIN a FREE iPod!
Online Fundraising Contest!
The walker who raises the most money ONLINE between Friday, August 29, 2014 and Thursday, September 11, 2014, will win a
FREE 5th Generation iPod Touch!
• Donate to yourself first! Set an example, and then encourage everyone you know to also donate to you.
• The best way to get donations is by word of mouth! Start by asking your friends, family, co-workers, neighbors, members of your clubs/organizations, etc.
• Communicate to all potential donors! Emails, phone calls, letters, Facebook messages, Twitter posts, etc., are all ways to reach potential donors.
• Set a high (but achievable) walk goal, and promise to do something special if it is achieved (kiss a pig, shave your head, walk backwards at the event, etc.).
• Remind potential donors that 100% of the funds you raised will stay local to help those living in need in your community.
• Briefly explain to potential donors the reasons why they should support the Society of St. Vincent de Paul.
• Create a team online, and have a friendly competition to see who can raise the most funds within your team.
Saturday, September 20, 2014, 9:00 am
3052 W. Northwest Hwy., Dallas, TX 75220
How to support us?
To make the maximum impact for the Frisco conference, when registering as a walker, search for “Frisco” and ensure the Beneficiary is “6562 St. Francis of Assisi – Frisco.”